Thread: A380 Problems
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 04:08 AM
alvrb211
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007

Originally Posted by forumname View Post
Not really sure what quoting my post does in relation to engines failing. I was merely relaying a joke of what guys at a particular foreign operator call the Airbus. Glad to see you have a sense of humor concerning such things .

Guess those guys just can't compete with some of the nicknames it has in the states, like "scud", etc.

Have they ALWAYS been "pretty good"? Also, have you ever owned a VW product that was made in the 80's? Yep, they've (VW) made leaps in the quality department since then, but building quality automobiles wasn't always their strong suit. Especially in the 80's when they captured so much market share in Europe, then quality suffered.
My point was made with humor. The CFM-56 engines on the US Air A320 are actually French (Snecma) and American (GE).

It's true. Skodas were among the worst cars around. I was in one of the newer Skoda cabs in Europe recently. It was a lot like a VW Passat for good reason.

My very first car was a 1981 VW Rabbit. It was a very simple 4 banger and could handle the road like no other conmpact car. It was so good that I stuck with VW for years before switching to Audi which is the same firm.

I've yet to hear of something man made (from any part of the world) that isn't prone to problems.

As of now, all 3 of Qantas A380's have returned to service.

AL

Last edited by alvrb211; 03-05-2009 at 07:41 AM.