View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 07:09 PM
Commando
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: MD CA
Default Is the Old Bob Miller Back?

Not to ruffle feathers, But to me it seems the Old Bob Miller is Back. The one who thinks he knows better than his membership. The one who thinks he's King and will do what he thinks is best. Not listening to anyone. The one by having this attitude, got defeated in the race for President of the IPA some years ago.

A couple of days ago, Bob Miller put out a letter going over what the company is thinking concerning a future Furlough. They want 52 million in costs savings. He goes on in the letter and basically says that he will ask us for a vote to change the contract. This will only happen after he talks to us. This is our president saying this. *** over! Then yesterday, he and the EB come out with a U-Tube Video. Again, if you watch between the lines, he says he knows better and he will be coming to us soon for relief for the company. Because there is No way UPS will accept our inputs. This is a fishing expedition. Still in disbelief. My president saying this crap.

UPS is NOT going to accept our suggestions. We can not come up with 52 million in voluntary savings. So the company is going to come back and say NO, we need more. And Bob will then be a spineless leader again. If you read the emails and message boards, 99% say DONT TOUCH THE CONTRACT. Even the bottom 300 say this. But he still says he will come to us before any changes. Why? We have already told him we dont want any changes. Because he doesn't listen to anyone but himself. This is da ja vu all over again. A vote will get us no where and tear us apart internally. The vote will fail big time. Then where are we.

The company is going to Furlough anyway if they decide of parking the DC8's. Nothing we can do. And this will happen after they get Bob to hit us up for concessions.

Now on to a second subject. The Flight Supervisors. Bob said in his campaign many times that getting the Flight sups into our Union was a priority. He gets Voted in. We Wait. He then says lets wait for the Presidential elections. We Wait. Then he comes out and says lets wait for a New NMB. We Wait. Either Lead or get out of way. What are we going to wait for next? We have the Dorsey case. Even if we lose, were no worse then were we are now.

We need to stop this Train wreck now. Everyone needs to speak up and tell Bob and the EB not to touch the contract. Because as of right now, Bob's not listening again. Because once given away, we will never get it back. Ask many others who have tried.

I would have thought a Leader of a Union would have laughed in their face when they said we needed 52 million from you guys. Really, what about that 3 billion profit. What about the dividends paid each quarter? What about our hundreds of Greivences outstanding? Very Sad.

I'm done ranting.

Last edited by Commando; 03-05-2009 at 08:37 PM.