View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 02:07 AM
acepilot100
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: CRJ FO

Originally Posted by IMHO View Post
What is this obsession with how the friggin airplane LOOKS! The RAH bashing is one thing, but for some reason every other airline that flys 70+ seat aircraft get a pass. And the only thing it ever comes back to with RAH is that the 170 LOOKS like a mini 37? We cant be serious. I'm embarrassed. I mean I personally think the 145 looks like a DC 9. After all it has rear mounted engines. And who decided that 50 seats was the maximum anyway? Is there like a dictionary definition of what a "real" regional airplane should look like? Maybe all Jets should be "mainline" aircraft. Maybe everything over 19 seats should be "mainline". Why do some ppl think that they are the last surviving "regional" pilot because they only operate 50 seat jets? They fly just as fast as "real" jets, just as high, and if you wash em, they're all shiny. So educate me on the 50 seat rule. And dont get me wrong, i'm not suggesting that there shouldnt be a cap on regional flying, but to say that a particular aircraft is "mainline" because it looks like one is...well stupid. And it invalidates the rest of your arguement, because I cant see past how ridiculous the previous statement was.

Now as to the 40 mil. Its a loan ppl. Nobody is giving money to anyone. Loans get paid back with interest. Loans make ppl money. To say that he could have used that money to recall pilots for the sole purpose of warming the couches in the crew room doesnt make much sense. Last I checked RAH has made money every quarter for years. Meaning those who were laid off were laid off because airplanes were taken out of service, and not because the wells had gone dry. Alllright. Now thats everythings cleared up. Why dont we all just take a deep breath....there you go...relax. breeeath out....
Finally someone who gets it. Enough with the RAH bashing already because everyone thinks they are mainline airplanes. How are they any different than a CRJ 900 other than much more comfortable for the passengers? Just because it looks like 737 or an airbus does not make it any worse than the CRJs that carry just as many people that many of the other regionals out there fly. Yeah, all the size airplanes should be at mainline. But has this topic not been beaten to death on multiple other threads? People on here just want an excuse to yell about how RAH is ruining the industry or how bad Mesa is and how they wish they would die. Grow up people. Let's be professional, do our jobs with pride, and continue to fight for better contracts to get the pay and work rules back in line with how they should be. Let's waste less time saying how much better one airline is than another. We're on the same team guys.