Thread: UPS questions!
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006, 04:42 PM
FlyByNight
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: MD-11

Glad to hear of your problem, I'm no expert but here's my input,

1. There is no typical schedule per say, however once you get some seniority alot of schedules are 1 wk on 1 wk off. There is bit of weekend flying, and not too much on holidays

2. Seems as if most new hires in the near future will go to ANC

3. P/U and trade with open time is easy, quality of open trips to trade with is a different issue (on our own individual accord, most didn't p/u open time during negotiations.)

4. Not sure about the pension funding %, maybe someone else can chime in on that. New contract has a different A fund scheme than previous contract. Generally, (I'm no finance expert) the mainly the difference between A and B funds is:

A fund money stays in the company's possession until they pay out (which unfortunately under bankruptcy proceedings allows them to escape that obligation).

B fund money goes directly into an agreed to (company and union) account under you name. If the company goes under, you still have the money.

5. Almost all hotels are nice, however I'd rather stay at a good hotel with lots near by than a fancy one with nothing to do (and because they cater to business men with business accounts, you have to pay for some amenities. i.e. high speed internet at some hotels. I think FedEx has free high speed included in their hotel contracts.)

Last edited by FlyByNight; 08-31-2006 at 04:45 PM.