View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 03:56 AM
7576FO
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: 737 CA MIA

Originally Posted by eaglefly View Post
It's not that I don't agree, but I cannot see how these demands leave AMR viable (and I don't believe that because it's what they say....I've seen their BS too long myself). AMR cannot (or WILL not) give out huge raises to everyone and allow their revenue and competitive abilities to be strangled at the same time.

It will only lead to BK and isn't an option.

At that point, many WILL have to decide to either quit or accept the situation (as unpleasant as it is).

Have you planned for another career outside AA 2-3 years from now ?

It would be prudent to do so, as it seems one way or the other that will be the ultimate outcome. AMR intends to insure that their house won't burn down (because they know your sentiment and the APA's is real this time) and the only way to prevent that is a correctly timed pre-pak BK. In all likelyhood you'll have to choose to accept the situation (provided you're one of the survivors in the first place) or quit...........no self-help and no flaming houses.

It seems that just like the micro-strike and macro-fine of the past, a symbolic victory will be paid for by a strategic loss.

Well, it looks like Alaska has a Tentative agreement for it's MEC to approve.
But your "but I cannot see how these demands leave AMR viable"
Sounds like Continental is making headway.
eaglefly, you let your hatred of APA and your envy of AA pilots color your every post. You claim to be "something" at eagle. Just what are you?
Good day.