View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 05:17 PM
RJSAviator76
Gets Weekend Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by ExperimentalAB View Post
If G7 is the only shady operation hiring, I'll find another line of work...thank you!

And to the G7 pilot that my Captain enthusiastically let on board today you're lucky I wasn't in the Flightdeck at the time to educate him. You would have ended up walking.

.... and to the CRJ FO offering to "educate" the captain, I say... you have a long way to go and a lot more to learn before you are in any position to educate ANYONE.

This kind of political crap has no place on airline jumpseats. If we went down this path, you, being a stud-muffin CRJ FO, would never set foot on any mainline jumpseat because those mainline pilots may perceive you as stealing his job and doing it for peanuts.... or say a legacy airline captain may tell some LCC jumpseater to take a hike because he may perceive that LCC's are the reason he lost his retirement and took 40% paycut.

NO MATTER WHAT YOU THINK OF AN AIRLINE OR THEIR EMPLOYEES - YOU NEVER, EVER, EVER BRING POLITICS ON THE JUMPSEAT! EVER! EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER!!!! You understand that, Mr. CRJ FO Educator?

If your airline has a reciprocal agreement with such and such airline, YOU DO NOT SINGLE-HANDEDLY MESS WITH IT! EVER!

Let me put yet another way, Mr. CRJ FO Educator. Suppose one of your fellow pilots from your airline is trying to catch a ride home, and it just happens to be the last flight. Much to his 'misfortune' it's a GoJet flight... and the captain on that flight is ****ed off because last week, some Mr. CRJ FO educator went out of his way to make sure he doesn't get on the jumpseat home. Now that GoJet captain tells your fellow pilot to pound sand because he will no longer take any pilots from your airline because of what happened. See, now you being an 'educator' just cost one of your own "innocent" pilots a ride, and who knows how important it was for him to get to where he was going.

So I say it again..... NO MATTER WHAT YOU THINK OF AN AIRLINE OR THEIR EMPLOYEES - YOU NEVER, EVER, EVER BRING POLITICS ON THE JUMPSEAT! EVER! EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER!!!! You understand that, Mr. CRJ FO Educator?