View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 11:10 AM
MD80
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by acl65pilot
Well that is a real possibility.

One thing I see with this code share is this, and it is only my opinion. Just sitting here thinking to myself and this made a lot of sense.

DAL gives MEH the code share knowing that those last 9 jets are more than likely going to be repossessed by Boeing. What this does then is furthers their argument to keep the infrastructure in MKE since they own 47% of MEH. It is ugly, but there is no reason to do a code share with someone out of MKE. We already flow the same routes to MSP, DTW, and ATL.
Now the other possibility is that they will use this and MEH to whipsaw us. They will code with you and buy new 73's or the like and have you fly them though our hubs. I guess you will get the last laugh on that one.

Either one makes me sick, but I do not see this code share as a good thing for either party of pilots. Just my .02.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Delta-Song, United-Ted, Continental-Lite, US AIR-Metro ... all failed to stop Southwest.

Is Delta building a separate low cost carrier to take on Southwest, Airtran, and Jet Blue? A separate "B-Scale" airline feeding the Delta system with no aircraft weight or seat limit.

Last edited by MD80; 03-11-2009 at 02:35 PM.