Thread: Planesense
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2005, 03:04 PM
FuelJetA
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005

Originally Posted by LAfrequentflyer
Anyone heard anything good/bad about these guys??

www.planesense.aero

thanks,
LA
I know a bit about these guys as I was involved in a PC-12 frax that never made it. I flew with an ex-Alpha Flying (Plane Sense) pilot and learned a bit about them.

Here are a few insights:

They seem to treat their guys well enough and he didn't complain about working there. However, he was related to the chief pilot...

He logged time that I KNOW FOR SURE could not be logged as anything. You can't sit in the right seat of a single engine turboprop requiring one pilot and expect that time to be worth diddly! He had 2000 total and had something like 1700 PIC turbine. Give me a fricking break! They made him a capt. at 300 hrs? I think not.

The time flying the aircraft is not really all that quality. It counts for total time and turbine, kind of, b/c it's not ME time. The pay, last I checked was in the 40K range to start, which is not quite enough to live in Manchester, NH.

The aircraft, however new they may be, are relatively neglected and always very dirty.

The clients are definitely on the low end of the income scale, so don't expect to make a whole lot of networking connections that will actually go anywhere as far as leading to greener pastures.

If you need a paycheck and have 2500 total with some turbine in there, it is a good way to get paid, but it is not necessarily a good career move.

The company is solid and you could make a career out of it as I believe they are there to stay. If you could be happy flying a PC-12 for a long time, then go for it!

Hope that helps!

Shanon