Old 03-13-2009, 11:25 AM
motoboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007

Originally Posted by Coach45 View Post
As I am writing on this forum I notice around 1100 people are currently viewing this specific topic. Other forums have talked about a website being launched. Someone out there has to have the resources to be able to do this. It just would be nice get us all together on this one and let the government know how many pilots this will affect. Maybe it wouldn't change things right now but who knows in the future.

Once this industry bounces back there is going to be a severe lack of qualified pilots. The age 65 rule and lack of flight training for new pilots, amoung other things. My fed told me a stat when I took my CFI ride that in 2008 there were 21 new CFI applicants opposed to 120+ in 07'. I know there is a lot of factors that go into this i.e. the hiring boom but at my flight school we have seen a large downturn in flight training and fuel sales.

My point is pilots are needed and the industry may not feel the effect of loosing a few qualified pilots right now but in the future we are going to be called upon. We all should come together on this one.
I'm with you on that. I just got my ppl and have night restrictions on my medical certificate. I want to get the rest of my ratings, but I'm not going to drop the coin until I know I can get by this. I need to take the MFT but the whole one shot and you effed scares me.