View Single Post
Old 09-02-2006, 01:32 PM
fosters
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

Originally Posted by MikeB525 View Post
Fosters, a couple questions about you: how long have u been at AWAC and what seat do you fly? What is your domicile and about how many credit hours do you get per month?? Thanks.
I'm an fo, been here about 1 year. I bid about halfway up the FO list in domicile (not PHL based...).

As boilerup said, you can pretty much get anything you want (sans reserve) if you live in base. Right now, if you bid for commutability, your lines WILL suck. In fact, if you are low on the todem poll your lines will suck no matter if you are a commuter or live in base, but things get better with time.

He was on reserve 1 month (according to his post). The people that were hired just 1-2 months after him are STILL ON RESERVE. This shows you how important timing is. He was hired in the middle of a great hiring spree (I was hired at the beginning of it, it started around this time last year, and I sat 4 months on reserve, but did enjoy a nice 5-week long paid vacation prior to OE...).

Don't expect what happened to him or I. Seriously .

As for what I get for a line, I have bills to pay so I bid for lines that are 90+ hours (unless I need specific days off) with a TAFB of at least 300 hrs, which gives me $450 in per diem per month and around 13-14 days off per month and a credit of around 95-100 hours at the end of the month. I live in base, so this allows me to do this. If I was a commuter my lines would credit significantly less. For instance, last month I had 16 days off and credited 90 hours. It was a good line.

On second year pay, excluding per diem, I expect to gross around $3100-$3300/month. Per diem would be another ~$450 (tax free) or so per month, but I'm finding I'm starting to spend it a bit more on trips now that I'm on second year pay .