View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 11:45 AM
FlyinE
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Default Starting my Aviation career late!!

ok so i went to an aviation school wanting to fly but i got way to much interested in management and working for FAA / Airport Manager / ATC (my school is an ATC-TI rated) and now i want to go into flying so im graduating next year in the spring of 2010 by then i will have my PPL and im gonna have my degree in aviation management by that time im going to have a call from Oklahoma to go to atc school which i am going to take the chance to see if i get hired, if all goes bad i will check into faa jobs and A/P Mngt. As an alumni in the school I have privilege of renting an instructor/plane and finishing up my ratings and what not. should I work and take advantage of having the flight course on the side or go directly to some "SPECIALIZED SCHOOL" like atp not work and get my ratings fast? im not planning to instruct to build time but im going to fly X county every weekend with spare cash after I am done getting my IL/COM/Multi which by that time im going to be on top with my job wage and hopefully this recession ends what are your opinions with this idea?

my overall goal is that when i retire early work for 20 years get my pension i want to land a job with a regional or maybe an airline with all the hours im going to accumulate (dont know if this is feasable because i "assume" starting pilots start at regionals) so i need opinions on this!!!!!