View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 02:20 PM
andre2041
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: working to fly commercial

Originally Posted by FlyinE View Post
ok so i went to an aviation school wanting to fly but or go directly to some "SPECIALIZED SCHOOL" like atp not work and get my ratings fast? im not planning to instruct to build time but im going to fly X county every weekend with spare cash after I am done getting my IL/COM/Multi which by that time im going to be on top with my job wage and hopefully this recession ends what are your opinions with this idea?
You may want to rethink the idea of going to a specialized school. I realize that they get you through your rating quick, but word around town is that it isn't the best instruction. Now I don't have expertise regarding school like FlightSafety and ATP but thats just what I heard. Not to mention the cost. The other thing is that I feel a regional would be much more willing to hire someone who has been a CFI rather then someone who flies every weekend(not to mention flying every weekend will be rather expensive). CFI's are always challenged and always stay refreshed with materiel. Coincidentally you would be flying a few days a week and getting paid to do it. This is also a way to build time. Anyways, just some of my thoughts..good luck!

--andre