View Single Post
Old 09-02-2006, 04:58 PM
JoeyMeatballs
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: A-320
Talking Leaving Colgan and xjt abuse?

Well to be honest Colgan really wasn't bad at all the only advice I can give anybody going to Colgan is stay far far away from a mx base. I was based in ALB and it was absolute misery always flying broken airplanes, always getting screwed on ur last day ending up flying extra legs or flying on your day off, and did i mention flying broken airplanes? I must say the people at Colgan both the pilot group and crew scheduling and the Colgan's themselves have treated me very well and I did enjoy my time there, the SAAB is awesome by the way. ..................... To the fella who posted above about xjt and reserve and abuse your about the only one that I have heard complain at xjt I have 10 good friends over there that love it and its better than doing 8 legs a day to the same airport all day and everyday, with no overnights and no per diem. xjt= better pay better QOL, better destinations, avg airplane is 4.6 yrs old I can go on and on, and to everybody that feels "upgrade time at colgan is quicker PIC is so important", all I have to say to that is that there are many and I mean many CA's with thousands of PIC turbine at COlgan and they can't get an interview, same goes with the other thoussands of qualified RJ captains out there so 1,000PIC is not the gaurenteed interview like the 100multi is for CFI's