View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 08:25 PM
atpwannabe
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Student Pilot

This is what I posted at jetcareers.com concerning the ATP/Gulfstream alliance/partnership:

All that money....79K. That's crazy.

I will say that I've heard that some guys are going there with their CPL w/ME rating and doing the FO program. Costs something like 29K and at one time, GIA was refunding 5K at the end of training. It looks like they were refunding to much and now it's only 2K...(250 x $8/hr).

The argument I've heard is that you get the tprop time whether you're hired or not. Although it's perceived as an "unethical" way to accrue tprop experience.....250 hrs of tprop time is 250hrs of tprop time.....no matter how you slice it. Does it give someone an edge or preference in terms of hiring? Probably. It's hard to say. I guess it just depends on who is on the hiring board of the company where you are interviewing.

Personally, I can't fault anyone for the road in which they chose to achieve their goal. It's not for me to judge and it's not the road I'm taking although at one time I considered it. Sure we all have standards when it comes to gaining more experience, written and unwritten, but what I do is to be the best pilot I can be and will try to position myself to be in the right place at the right time. I believe it's more than flying. Attitude, personality, and first impressions are huge in choosing potential employees. I gotta ask myself, "Do I fit the company and does the company fit me?

If there is a flying position out there meant for me.....I'll get it.

JMO.