View Single Post
Old 09-02-2006, 09:24 PM
The_Skid
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2006

Get what you can on the front end. They do work alot, and the days are long-but you are home almost every night. If I had the chance I would go on the UPS interview anyway. It would not hurt-and you might be better off in the end. If you grew up in Mississippi, it would be a hard job to turn down if you wanted to stay though. All of the guys there are great. And the president is a decent guy to work for, I have heard. Either way I don't think you would make a bad decision.

It just depends on what kind of lifestyle you want right now. Keep in mind that banks do come and go. The cargo industry is not going to go anywhere. Just think about how many of those little $12-$15 enveolpes that they can stuff on an airplane, they will not have a problem with higher gas prices. If they raise the price on those envelopes .30 cents, they can more than make up for the cost-whereas the passenger carriers only have a certain number of seats-and a limited amount of revenue that they can gain from those seats.
If air travel does become more expensive and limits trips, I believe that air cargo will become utilized more.

Like I said, either way you can't go wrong. It just depends on what you want right now.