View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 08:13 AM
Vikz09
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: M88 B

Originally Posted by Eric Stratton View Post
Aren't you voting on what's best for you as well. You want a staple but didn't take into account that mesaba has pilots that would also flow up. Why didn't you include them?

Compass and Mesaba I believe now have rights to a flow through. What are your interests that are aligned and how are they different then those at mesaba or any other delta carriers?

Yes they do have a flow but if you read both flows it is a very different flow from Compass. The compass flow is designed by the old NWA mainline and in essence puts Compass pilots ahead of Mesaba pilots based on preference of who goes first. Compass flow takes priorty of Mesaba. I didn't write the contract but it specifically states such in flow agreements. The mesaba guys also have there own MEC/LEC and as such are not represented by the same LEC/MEC's. AGAIN Compass is paying dues to the same councils as mainline that is not the case at Mesaba. In fact the flowdown is a huge difference. Do you realize that only 13 mainline guys can flow down to Mesaba? (that's the number that has flowed to delta already. The flow down to mesaba can only flow down the number that have flowen up to date) At compass there is no such limit. if Delta needed to flow down the delta pilots could have all the postions 320 no restrictions.

I am only looking out for myself. NO I will be in the first group of pilots eligable to flow thru when Delta begins to hire again. I will be in the first or second class. I am eligable in December/January of this year and since I don't believe Delta will hire between now and then i will be in the next one or two classes at Delta. So am i looking out only for myself NO it really doesn't matter to me but like i have said before if the mainline guys wanted to try and regain in the 76 seat market there is not a easier airline or group of employees to add. All will eventually be on the Delta list via the flow thru and not many are demanding the old DOH incorporation. The pilots already have the same ALPA group representation. All things point to this being the easiest attempt.. much easier then trying to incorporate a mesaba or comair since they have pilots who have been on property for 10 plus years who have no interest in being put at the bottom of a list. in fact many of those pilots i would assume would prefer to stay at there airline because it would be too much of a pay hit and QOL hit to move to the bottom of a seniorty list. Compass pilots have only 2 years on there current contract, therefore only working under a contract for two years means most of us have not had the opportunity to get to good of a lifestyle to resist the change. QOL would change yes but pay issues No.