View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 08:20 AM
FEXFNG
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Default FedEx The Resignation Issue

Ive set and waited for a thread about the resignation letter the Union put out but as of yet there hasn't been one. So I thought I would give my two cents on the subject.
I find it amazing that a the guy who started all of this pain and angst(LK) has actually become the Union's poster boy for cooperation and love. Evidently the former grievance committe chairman, who had to wait a week or two to take his management position because he was sitting in a grievance against the Company, and the current greivance chairman position, CB, are BFFs. Now flash foreward a year or two and we have the NWA/Delta merger and ALPA merging their membership lists. They realize that they have some folks that are on the NWA list and also on the FedEx list. So they contact the local FedEx office and inquire as to why. Seems like somewhere in the deal a former NWA lawyer, that is currently a FedEx lawyer, is notified by our local management team and some former colleagues of the problem and there is a disciniplinary action started against one of our crew members. This action is championed by our resident XO/Special Projects Offficer/Right hand man to the SCP, you pick the title. Come to find out there is a real problem with the resignations that our new hires were supposed to submit to the company, including atleast one class of newhires that were allowed by our former SCP to finish training before they had to submit their resignation. Then throw the issue that nobody knew who was actually responsible for keeping/tracking the resignations and you have a real mess. Then, when they figure out this is a widespread problem, the Union and LK touch shwanses and come up with an amnesty program. But I am still waiting for the Company to acknowledge that there is actually a program out there.
Just out of personal interest and a lack of trust for both sides, if I were involved in this issue I would not do anything until I saw the FCIF from Big Zero. Or his XO/Special Projects Officer/Assistant SCP/ACP.