Thread: Comair updates?
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 09:07 AM
Pantera
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: Happy FO

Originally Posted by Paok View Post
Anyone getting displaced, you dont have to live in expensive NY (or even NJ) to work at JFK. I have lived in Pennsylvania (even as far as philly) and it is not bad at all. PA is a LOT cheaper than NY and much cheaper than even NJ (taxes) I know a lot of pilots working at like TEB and up in NY living in allentown area and closer to NJ... its actually REALLY cheap up there (not kentucky cheap, but CHEAP).... My commute was 70 miles...not bad at ALL with a line...i did like 4 day trips... i even spent over a year on reserve and with lc it was perfect... I thought about moving to queens and was so glad I didnt..
I was a line holder in JFK for a year and it was ok. Now I am reserve in CVG and anytime those idiots hand me a ready reserve at 3:30 am I think how in the world will I be able to do that at JFK. I am not an Ops sleeper and just thinking about how to get there on reserve gives me the chills. I remember some of your old posts about sleeping in your car at 2am and paying 17$ in tolls. Hell with that! LOL While I agree it can be done I moved to CVG so I wouldn't have to put up with the NYC traffic and BS that goes along with the job.

I can't see myself at Comair much longer.