Old 03-16-2009, 08:56 PM
CRFguy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 320 F/O

What a joke. This entire medical situation needs a massive overhaul. It's almost like the FAA loves to have that power to send you an envelope for you to put your cards in.

My parents passed away when I was 13, I started flying at 19 and filled out my first medical application to the best of my knowledge.

Now, many years later I still think what if my MD had made some notation or I was on some medication when I was young. The feds would eat me for breakfast, I'm sure everything is fine but you never know what some doc jotted in your file when you were a kid.

I understand their ultra conservative approach on medication but, I feel it causes many pilots to fly 'sick' or just lie on their app. I just think we need to take a good look at 100% of the entire process. People don't want to pay for flight training to have their investment yanked out from under them. Hell, I'm a healthy guy who plays by the rules and I'm still concerned that my career is in the hands of some faceless DOC back in OKC.

I feel for you guys going through all this junk. In the meantime your right to fly is hanging in the balance while the FAA plays games.