View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 09:02 AM
ExperimentalAB
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by shfo View Post
Exactly. I can't stand the new all glass airplanes especially the new Cirrus. I was reading this month's flying magazine where they talk about the new known ice certified Cirrus. I know some doctor or lawyer is going to try and fly over the Cascades in the winter and think it's alright because his plane is certified. The new planes don't require you to be a pilot either. You can take off turn on the autopilot sit back and listen to music on a CD player. That's not flying that's being a passenger. I'd much rather have a pilot who flew a cub with no radios across the country sitting next to me in a cockpit then someone who flew a Cirrus. Anyone can transition from a 6 pack to glass but many have problems transitioning from glass to a six pack. That might hinder you more than benefit you if you are flying the old Bro, 1900, Saab, Dash 8 1,2,300, 727, 737 classic, 757, 767, MD 80 or the infamous "9".
I know it...I did a few Flight Reviews in G1000 172's and was blown away at how awful these pilots were. I had to force them to look outside (VFR), and their monkey-skills, stick-n-rudder, were non-existent. We've now succesfully brought the lazy RJ Pilot into the left seat of GA everywhere. And Flight Directors! In a training aircraft! Unbelievable.

I guess flying airplanes is a lost art everywhere now...