View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 03:13 PM
Vikz09
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: M88 B

Originally Posted by Eric Stratton View Post
I saw that you mentioned the mesaba guys but aren't you pushing for a staple job? This essentially cuts out the mesaba pilots who were going to flow through and I didn't see anything like lets give them a number so we don't screw them over too. Don't you think it would be wrong to leave out the pilots who would flow over?

I saw that 9 mesaba pilot can flow each month. Is there a cap to how many can flow up a year or is it just 9 a month for a total of 108 for the year?

There really isn't that much of a difference between you and mesaba other than the flow and representation.
I am not saying a staple is the answer. Just saying that the synergies have never been better amongst a group... with the same union representation (however it seems that really bothers moak who wants to rid himself of this compass pimple). Some things the MEC has done of late make me wonder what the true intentions are of Delta.

My postion on the staple was that everyone at Compass should be at Delta in 4 years based on the flow and of course hiring. If the Delta pilots wanted to gain the planes and the pilots will be coming there via the flow sooner then later, why not give the Compass pilots a seniorty number. This would go a long way into bringing back the flying that the mainline guys want back. This is unlike any other flow thru in that the fact the entire company of Compass pilots could have flown up to mainline in only 4 years. There is not another example of any airine having that kind of turn over in such a short time frame. After the merger the Compass pilots were completely left without any seniorty intergration or having any say about our destiny. We are controlled by the same union that seems to resent our very exsistance... this is starting to be a issue of concern amongst the Compass pilots. Taxation without representation.