Gets Weekends Off
AFW_MD11
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Feb 2007
  • Position
    MD11 FO, ANC
Quote: .....This is my entire point: The reality is only what the Company decides, so the REALITY of a 48 hour BLG in the back of the Boeing is just as likely as the EFB coming to the Boeing......

.....The company information is designed to "guide" guys into a certain decision - in this case, to bid HKG FO......

....I'm not saying 48 CH on the panel is impossible - just unlikely. Anyone who might end up (or is already there) on the 727 panel should probably plan for about 50 hours/month and count anything above that as a bonus. Of course, they are probably already doing that.

.....And as to your last question - when it comes to the Company (any Company - this one, my last one, my first one) - YES, there always IS a sinister plot involved.
I think we're pretty much in agreement - except maybe in the way we perceive the company's (or "O"s) intent - trying to instill fear vs. just laying out the reality/facts of the situation.

Maybe I should have said plan for what the individual pilot thinks will be the worst case scenario -

scenario A - flush the desired number of pilots to the 727 panel, and then BLG's there going to 48 CH. If it doesn't ever get that low, then all the better.

scenario B - HKG FO (as a commuter?? might work??)

scenario C - furloughed

While 48 CH lines may not be do-able NOW with the 727 S/O manning's current levels, it wouldn't be too hard for the company to build the lines down to 48 CH once they double the number of pilots in that seat - would it?

(I haven't researched it and don't really have as good a feel as it seems you might on the current situation in that seat and the likelihood of that happening.) - "O" says 48 CH, you say maybe 50 CH - not a huge difference.

I think that's the scenario "O" might have been talking about - sooo many guys on the panel that they have to spread the hours that thin to avoid just paying folks to sit at home and really do nothing - or worse - furlough.

As for the sinister plot - I don't put it past any airline management - but judging from all the buffoonery coming out of FDX Flight Management over the past 2 years, I'm not sure they're capable of coming up with any kind of plan that will actually accomplish anyhing - sinister or otherwise.

It could be a sinister plot - and the final shoe's getting ready to drop any time now - but they've got me fooled into thinking they're actually trying everything their little pea brains can come up with in order NOT to furlough anyone......but that's just me I guess?? optimistic/hopeful.