Old 03-24-2009, 05:32 AM
Newryflyer
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2006

Originally Posted by satchip View Post
Ok, so I am commuting to JFK from AUS and I decide to take the NW (aka Mesaba) flight through DTW since all the Jet Blues are booked. One of the nicest gate agents I've met was up to her elbows on delayed and cancelled flights and the resulting passenger carngage. She got me booked all the way through and even found the last real seat on the airplane.

When I got to DTW it was BLOOMING FREEZING!!! The wind was howling straight from the North Pole! Our jetway gate was occupied, of course (Just like JFK), so we had to park at one of the RJ get out and walk gates. OMG it was cold. The NW guys I saw said, "Yeah, it's cold, but Minnie is way colder." So why NW? Why not Caribbean or Hawaiian or Air Bahamas?

Nice airport though. On a side note. We are not integrated much yet. To get on a NW flight one has to get a paper ticket from the counter and cross flow for passengers is like the merger never happened. Lot's of work to be done.
JetBlue/Austin flights are now been operated with the A320 which have 5 jumpseats. I hope this helps your commute.