Gets Weekends Off
Dakota
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Mar 2007
Over reaction
Quote: Hello Mods,

Chastise me all you want, but could you please remove all links to the video of this event. I may be just a dumb ol' fighter pilot, but it's the righteous thing to do, and I don't believe this forum should be the avenue for such behavior.

thx
This is truly a tragic accident and it disturbs me too. A matter-of-fact I can't get it out of my head -- I guess because it could've been me. But to have the video links removed because "it's the righteous thing to do" is truly an over reaction. If it disturbs you that much (which isn't meant as a slam against you), don't open the link. I certainly don't understand what "behavior" you want the moderators to stop???

It truly saddens me that two Fedex brothers lost their lives, but I find myself watching this video over and over, because I just don't get it. The landing doesn't look that "hard." I don't understand why the nose slammed down so hard. I spend close to half the month in that seat, and just can't imagine how horrible that view must've been. What would I have done in that situation? What could I have done to prevent that from happening in the first place? Would I have gone around after the first bounce? Was it an option? What would I have done if I was in the left seat? After seeing this video, I have flown this scenario over and over in my mind, although I'm sure it's not even close to what was really going on. I probably shouldn't have written this, and my intent is not to chastise you. You're entitled to your opinion, but I just think to have the moderators remove the links is a bit of an over reaction. It certainly makes me think.