View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 08:01 AM
cal73
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: 737 Captain
Exclamation

The only problem I have is the Barriers to entry. Now I'm just as much of an American as anybody else and I believe capitalism and free market economies are the way to go. However new airlines come out of the woodwork with beaucoup financing that allows them to operate with bargain basement fares for years while losing money simply to gain market share. Seriously that is the plan of some these carriers. ...TO LOSE MONEY.

I have friends from ACA and back when Independence was starting up they told me that they planned to lose money for 3-5 years. I also have a friend at Virgin America who said almost the exact same thing. Great plan!!! Lose money.

Independence had 11 flights a day between IAD and EWR so guess what CAL did...11 flights a day between IAD and EWR...I dunno what UAL did but I'm guessing not bow out and say "22 flights is probably enough between the hours of 7am to 10pm". But you can't fault em for doing so. CAL and UAL are protecting their nut.

I argue that Upstart business models are nothing more than Predatory. That needs to change.

Sorry guys this is mostly OT but I'm in bad mood today. Haven't had my beer yet.
Just step around me please.