View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 10:25 AM
TriStar_drvr
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: B-737 CA

Originally Posted by flystraightin View Post
Airline management says the stoppage was due to high fuel prices and the inability to compete with the high frequency of flights by Air Canada and Westjet in their region. Everyone knows that it was really because Canjet pilots recently joined ALPA and management didn't like that, as well as their aircraft leases were up and they couldn't renew them.

Yea, I'm sure that's it. The pilots vote to be represented by a union. No pay raises have been issued yet. Those must be negotiated, a process that sometimes takes years. In fact, they are currently flying for some of the lowest 737 wages in the industry. I'm sure the demise of scheduled service had nothing to do with high fuel prices, or better service from the competition.

Isn't it amazing, not only are the pilots responsible for flying the airplanes safely, they now have to be responsible for the health of the airline. I guess the pilots made all the decisions on route structure, aircraft leases, ticket prices, management salaries, purchasing, employee hiring, etc.

Give me a friggin' break...