Thread: Avantair
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 06:05 PM
GlasssPilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Originally Posted by Gators View Post
For those already flying for Avantair: How do you guys/gals like the flying/company? How much flying per 7 day tour on average? Any time frame for the aircraft deliveries? Any word on new bases? Just curious, seems like a great company. If someone out there is bored and feels like typing please feel free to add more info. Thanks!
I had a friend who had a pizza shop. When asked how the economy was effecting him he'd say it's fine. His philosophy was that when times were good poor people could afford to go out and they'd go to his pizza shop. When times were bad rich people would still eat out but they'd tighten their belt and get his pizza.

I see Avantair as somewhat in that situation. We are seeing customers who desire more value for their dollar move into a Piaggio share.

How do I like the flying / company? Well, I have flown 121 regional (ACA / Independence Air) and 121 Freight (Amerijet) and can say that this is by far my favorite type of flying. As far as the company goes I like the "mom and pop" feel of it. At my last ALPA carrier I felt a bit like a number and policy dictated everything right or wrong.

How much flying? Well it's hit and miss. Not many days spent in a hotel. I guess most guys fly around 4 or 5 hours a day during their 7 day tour. I would guess also that works out to around 7 to 8 hours of duty average.

Aircraft deliveries? No idea. I would assume we get 'em as we sell 'em. We just put a plane on the certificate a few weeks ago. Gateways? I don't know of any new ones on the horizon although I do think HaZMat is seriously hoping management gets PWM added, being a MAPA member and all. The current list is:

Atlanta, GA (ATL) Albany, NY- (ALB) Baltimore, MD (BWI)
Boston, Ma (BOS) Burbank, CA – (BUR) Charlotte, NC (CLT)
Chicago, IL (ORD) Chicago, IL – (MDW) Cleveland, OH (CLE)
Columbus, OH (CMH) Dallas-Fort Worth, TX (DFW) Denver, CO (DEN)
Durham, NC – (RDU) Houston, TX (IAH) Indianapolis, IN – (IND)
Kansas City, MO – (MCI) Las Vegas, NV (LAS) Little Rock, AR – (LIT)
Los Angeles, CA (LAX) Louisville, KY – (SDF) Memphis, TN – (MEM)
Nashville, TN – (BNA) New Orleans, LA – (MSY) New York, NY (JFK) (LGA)
Newark, NJ (EWR) Omaha, NE – (OMA) Orlando, FL (MCO)
Philadelphia, PA – (PHL) Phoenix, AZ (PHX) Pittsburgh, PA – (PIT)
Portland, OR – (PDX) Rochester, NY – (ROC) Salt Lake City, UT – (SLC)
San Diego, CA – (SAN) San Francisco, CA (SFO) Seattle, WA – (SEA)
St Louis, MO (STL) Tampa, FL (TPA) Tucson, AZ – (TUS)
West Palm Beach, FL (PBI)

Hope it helps. Good luck to all hoping to get here. It's worth the wait.

Last edited by GlasssPilot; 03-26-2009 at 06:27 PM.