Thread: Planesense
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 09:08 AM
FuelJetA
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005

Originally Posted by SkyHigh
This industry is unbelievable. Caravan and PC-12 time is almost worthless. I seems like just a few years ago that such a thing didn't exist. Now you have to have PIC in a multi-turbine to get a second look. By the way things are going with RJ's soon we will have to have a few thousand hours of PIC Jet time to be noticed by employers. I remember back in the late 80's all it took was 1000 hours of PIC in a piston twin and you were a hot prospect. The smaller stuff is more difficult to fly anyway. I don't get the logic.

SkyHigh
I totally agree with you. It is a bit frustration but now you need 1000 PIC Jet it seems to get ahead in the industry and you need some jet SIC to just get a fricking job as an FO. This industry is really hard.

I have personal experience with this PC-12 thing. I have a good friend who has literally 8000 hours in single engine turbines and 13,000 total and he is about 6 months ahead of me (with 3000 hours total) on getting an upgrade in the Lear. That tells you that single turbine time is just about on par with Cessna 152 time. Unless you want to fly the PC-12 all your life, do yourself a favor and just skip it.