View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 07:04 AM
Rotorhead
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Delta Colors Busholio

Originally Posted by newKnow View Post
Did I miss Bob Crandall on that list?
Actually, he was probably one of the best "Airline" CEO's ever aside from Herb Kelleher. Crandall didn't play favorites up in Centerport, even axed a few underperforming friends at the upper management level. Crandall was responsible for growing AA into the gorilla that it was before TWA. Those since have simply ridden in his wake, however the ship is slowing.

Unfortunately for me, I was hired after the NWA bk contract and I will never know what Northwest Airlines or Orient was like. When it comes to being sentimental, I can easily understand the anguish some must be going through that were around for the good days. If it's any help, maybe a few could contrast a career at NWA to the movie Old Yeller. The dog in the beginning was not the same as it was in the end. Whether Delta-S guys want to admit it or not, the new-Delta is fragile and in her puppy stages. With careful calculation at the top and devotion at all levels she will be and forever remain the company that secures our families futures.

God Speed "Old NWA"

Last edited by Rotorhead; 03-31-2009 at 04:38 PM.