Thread: Cape Air
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 07:50 PM
bullmechum
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Captain part 135

Originally Posted by FlyingChipmunk View Post
I don't disagrees with what your saying but, there is a lot of contempt towards IBT with they way they have handled things the last couple years.

I haven't made my mind up one way or the other hopefully one of the groups stands out by the time of the election.

Will there be a third option for no union?
The process of the initial bargaining agreement is a long one. Unfortunately several years is not uncommon as is the back and forth he said she said, you canceled a meeting so we will cancel the next one. Silly as it is, it is the norm. Where I think the IBT dropped the ball is in the area of getting the message out to the common line pilot. Of course IBT dose not have the advantage of using company e-mail or employee phone list that were provided to CAPA. I'm very interested in the new IBT personnel and I think the smart move for pilots is to see the IBT process through to the end. If we don't like the contract, then dump them.

Coming from the days where starting Captains made less than the guy who wore the Easter bunny costume at the Hyannas Mall, ( no joke $12.80 vs $13.25) I think cap's management is fine, but a collective bargaining agreement may focus them a bit more on paying flight crew what they are worth. Why do Island Air Captain start at $15.00 duty/hr with a $4.00 per leg override. Exact same equipment, much easier mission?
The way I see it, there are two options for the vote: IBT=union, Crappa=no union. I don't believe you can vote "none of the above" and if you did management still gets what they want.

Mocha to all.

Last edited by bullmechum; 04-02-2009 at 05:29 AM.