View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 02:04 PM
Copperhed51
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008

Originally Posted by 1900luxuryliner View Post
Here is how it's always worked for me in the past; I have a feeling this is what happened to you, as well:
1. You call on reserve at 0800
2. Scheduling notifies you of a high speed reserve assignment, which takes place that same night.
3. Scheduling signs you "Off Duty" at that very moment, to ensure your duty day doesn't exceed 15 hours with the high speed taking place later that night.
4. You start your duty day at the high speed show time.
5. After the high speed, you need, at very least, another 8 hour rest period, before you're back on reserve, or are able to fly another reserve assignment.

If you're Off Duty before the high speed, you're not responsible or liable to scheduling, whatsoever, until your show time. It's just like any other time off, or rest period. If you feel scheduling has been keeping you on duty, before your high speed, speak to one of the union reps. I'm almost sure they can't do this; not legally, or per contract.
Called scheduling to see what their take on it is. They said what they normally do is have you on reserve from 0800-0900 so that they can give you another assignment if things change with the schedule and then you duty off and rest during the day and duty back on at your report time for the high speed. Since my reserve tomorrow starts at 1000, he said he'll just have me off the entire day until the high speed. The learning curve regarding contractual stuff is crazy when you start at a new airline.