View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 06:29 PM
FuelJetA
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005

That is a great run down on Colgan and an education for me indeed. I work closely with a guy who recently left Piedmont. He did not like Piedmont and felt the management treated the pilots like equipment, not actual people. He came into the job with lots of experience (3000+ and some SIC jet time) and left 3 years later without an upgrade. Upgrades are slow slow slow b/c pilots love to fly the Dash and feel like it is great equipment and the pay gets pretty decent so they don't really move. Also, the aircraft is considered a heavy turboprop (at 30K lbs.) so getting on with the majors is easier than if you were flying the 1900. The pay is better than Colgan last I checked, but don't know for sure. He got a great education going through them though, and I feel that he is probably the safest capt. that I fly with. He knows flying in the northeast, which is somewhat or an art form, so that does speak well for them.
I suppose if you were really curious I could query him with your questions. I had an interview with Piedmont the day after I got the job flying Lear charter...I cancelled, but I am a little curious about the interview and what 'could have been.'
Take care!