Thread: Thanks JetBlue
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 11:29 AM
Lowlevel
What's A Weekend?

Joined APC: Jan 2009
Position: Big...So Big
Default Thanks JetBlue

I have commented on here before about my great experiences with jump seating on JetBlue and the stories of other pilots who also had a great experience. Now, I must once again thank a JetBlue crew and gate agent!

My girlfriend, an FA, had been at JFK since March 24. She has a crud schedule, 6 on, 1 off, 6 on, 1 off. Anyway, on the last day before a 4 day break, the company gave her a ready reserve. The last flight to RSW (our home airport) was at 1940. She was not going to be released until 1930, so we planned on her taking the 2100 JetBlue to TPA, and me driving an hour and a half (each way) to pick her up. She arrived at the JetBlue terminal and got her seat request, then headed for the gate. When she got there, she noticed at the gate next to her, the RSW aircraft was still at the gate. The door was closed and the gate agent was preparing to pull the jet bridge. The gate agent that was working the next flight at that gate showed up and asked her if she needed help. She explained that she wanted to go to RSW, where she lives, but had to list on the TPA flight because of her late release. He asked her to stay there for a minute. He then made a call and took her down the jet bridge. The crew opened the door and got her on the RSW flight!
She was so grateful, she told me she could not thank them enough!
And me? I only had to drive 30 minutes each way to RSW! We were back home by midnight, instead of 3AM (if she had gone to TPA). She got a great nights sleep and is enjoying her 4 WHOLE days off!
Thanks again to everyone at JetBlue. You guys/gals always come through for us!