View Single Post
Old 09-09-2006, 07:22 AM
Skygirl
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006

Originally Posted by usmc-sgt View Post
I have decided that i would like to take my wife on a cruise since it has been awhile since we have been able to really get away, it seems almost all of our vacations are merely going back to our home state for the holidays and never anywhere original.

I am looking to leave the Southern California area but i am flexible on that and i am looking on going for like 6-9 days or so to possbily the mexico area. We are looking for a cruise that is a happy medium. We do not want an elderly cruise and we do not want a family cruise with an abundance of kids running around the deck. Luxury would be nice but not so luxurious that we are paying 5k for the cruise. My price range that i think is reasonable is somewhere around 2-3k but it can be adjusted depending on the amenities.

I am just looking for advice from any of you that might have gone on a cruise before, and had a good, bad, or indifferent time and could point me in the right direction, or away from the wrong one.

Thanks!
USMC, there are some Royal Caribbean cruises out of Long Beach that sound just like what you are looking for. I was just on one of their cruise ships to Mexico. The shorter cruises 3-4 days are very affordable, however they're known in our biz as the party ships. The longer cruises sound more like what you're looking for, and the ports of call are more interesting. You can email me privately and I can give you more information.