Old 09-09-2006, 01:32 PM
Koolaidman
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: SKYW CRJ FO
Default People going or wanting to go Trans States

I keep hearing guys who are looking to "live the dream" on here discuss Trans States and upgrade time and other stuff about the company. Bottom line is this...

If you are looking for a quick upgrade, go somewhere else.

If you are looking to make a career at a regional, go somewhere else.

If you are looking build good quality 121 time, build your resume and fly with 90% cool captains, go to Trans States.

Great place to get on with low flight time, especially if it is an easy commute. But as many people told me, don't stay any longer than you have too. Guys in their first year won't know any better because you won't have anything to compare it to. I live in St. Louis and had no desire to commute. However, I was almost furloughed which is when I saw the light that said, "Not much future here", and that is when I decided to leave. Great job on management's projected forecast for the year after we didn't get the COEX flying. "Let's furlough 50 for two months to save around $120,000. The pilots won't leave because we treat them so well. But if they do leave, then we'll have to rehire and pay $20,000 for 30 - 60 new hires' training to make up for everyone who left! What a great idea! Call the flight managers and tell them to furlough tomorrow!!!" - TSA Mgmnt

Any low-time guys who want to pm, feel free. I hope this cleared up any false thoughts you guys had on what my main man Ed Phelps is telling you!

The Kool-Aid Man

And if anyone is looking for or knows anyone looking for a TSA uniform, PM me. 42R on the jacket and 34X34 on the pants.

Last edited by Koolaidman; 09-09-2006 at 01:39 PM.