Thread: Who misses it?
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 07:55 PM
flynavyj
Gets EVERY weekend off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: SIC
Default Who misses it?

Alright, i don't know how many people are currently out of the cockpit (by their own choice, or by unfortunate circumstances) but who's missing the fun layovers, hanging out with the crew, the joy of pulling back on the yoke @ VR, and watching the ground slip away from you, while you crank it over into a 30 degree banked turn at 400' AGL?

My last flight was only a couple days ago, turned in my books, ID, and brass today, have had the last two days off, and have the weekend off, but start the new job on Monday. As of now, i haven't had time to really "miss it". I had to drive by the airport to drop off my stuff, and was watching planes go flying into a low overcast sky, thought of how it would have been more fun to have had that as my last landing, etc. But besides that, I dunno, think the only other thing that made me think was turning in my badge today. Made me think that I was now "confined" in some way, as in i wouldn't bump to the front of the security line anymore at the airport, i'd be taking off my shoes, pulling out my liquids and gels, and wouldn't hop in the jumpseat to go anywhere....Honestly not a very enjoyable feeling, I didn't really use my travel passes much (wife and I did go to Paris about a month ago) but i think knowing that i "could" was some type of comfort to me. So basically, just seeing how my feeling align with others who've gave it up, and wondering if worse is to come for me. lol.