View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 06:07 AM
SkyHigh
Self Employed.

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Corporate Pilot
Default Cirrus Perspective

One of my flight students just bought a brand new Turbo Cirrus SR22 GTS Perspective. He wants to get an instrument rating so last week I went up with him for the first time in his new plane. Though I have plenty of background with modern automated aircraft systems I don't have any experience with the new generation of flat screen plastic general aviation planes.

I was expecting to be impressed but got totally blown away instead. The Cirrus perspective is better equipped than any airliner I know of. Along with all the usual flat screen magic like synthetic vision and highway in the sky stuff it even has an infrared camera so that in low light, fog or whatever you can still see the runway.

The seats were comfortable. The cabin was quiet. All the automation felt natural. The entire package comes together into a form that must be close to what divine inspiration intended for us when the concept of aviation was born. It is like a magic carpet ride. So far, the only thing that I can say for certain that it can not do is to leave the atmosphere and enter low earth orbit.

I want one !!

Jim