View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 05:09 AM
usmc-sgt
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Jun 2006

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
Skyhigh -

I totally agree. I had been carrying around a picture of the Cirrus cockpit for many years now and they are only getting better. Recently I had a chance to see a little bit of an Avidyne system in a Piper Matrix. I believe that is the same system that is found in the Cirrus. I only saw some features demo'ed on the ground but I can't wait to actually fly an airplane with this type of avionics suite. The Hornet cockpit used to be called a "Star Wars" cockpit because it was so advanced - well....it is more than amazing what is available in general aviation (at a price!)

USMCFLYR

The avidyne system is actually their old system which I believe still may be an option. The perspective is the latest generation of the G1000 which belongs to garmin. The garmin perspective system is a far superior product.

One argument FOR the avidyne system is that it is driven off of garmin 430s so if a screen dies you still have GPS and COMMS but the G1000 has so many redundant systems that a complete failure would be a very rare event.