View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 10:19 AM
Lacedup18
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Default Is the $200k Debt worth it?

Hello guys, I am new to the forums. I am 17 years old and am a freshman at Middlesex community college in NJ. Ive always liked taking rides on planes and in the past 2 years have seriously considered flying them as a career. I do have a passion for flying, but I am highly motivated by money. Its probally a 60%/40% with money being 60%. I would Really like to be making atleast $110k per year. I would like to go to a University for Air traffic controll. then go to the airforce for 4-5 years for flying school and airtime.Then I would like to be a commercial Airline pilot for a major airline. I would like to be wealthy and by wealthy I mean owning a nice house ($400k), 2 nice cars (subaru WRX STI and A Evo IX MR =) ). Basically just live comfortably but above average
With The college degree and military expierience would I be one of the most likely caniditates to be hired?
Would the $200k + in debt be worth it?
WHat would my starting pay be?
About how much should i be expecting to make in 5 years?
Any of you know If air traffic controllers realistically see 6 figures?

I read a lot of articals saying the average pilot makes about $130k per year, but from the talk on this boared it seems like a lot less.

Thank you for your time
Amari

Last edited by Lacedup18; 09-10-2006 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Ive read and found out embry riddel is a scam