View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 07:09 AM
Al Aska
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: 737

Originally Posted by 402Fanatic View Post
I don't quite think it's fair to assume that management does less work than a more front-line agent. My father was a manager at an airline for years and routinely worked 60 hours a week because as he moved up, the jobs became more demanding. Regardless of some of the long days pilots have, I'd take this schedule over consistent 60 hour workweeks with only 8 days off a month.
Sorry for the confusion.... I was not trying to compare management jobs with pilot jobs... Yes those guys work hard too!

You or I could step into just about any job at an airline and be dam good at it with very little training! Lets see anyone else step into your job with little or no training... Wait for the report on the Turkish Crash...

Depending on your age and time in service your expectations are vastly different! Some know how it use to be, and some are fine with the way it is now... Say what will.. Economic down turn... At our company the pilots are the only ones who keep taking pay cuts! Everyone else gets raises and complains that it is only 1 to 3 %!

When someone in management screws up usually nobody dies! Except here!