View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 07:16 AM
syd111
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: B-777 left

Originally Posted by Al Aska View Post
Sorry for the confusion.... I was not trying to compare management jobs with pilot jobs... Yes those guys work hard too!

You or I could step into just about any job at an airline and be dam good at it with very little training! Lets see anyone else step into your job with little or no training... Wait for the report on the Turkish Crash...

Depending on your age and time in service your expectations are vastly different! Some know how it use to be, and some are fine with the way it is now... Say what will.. Economic down turn... At our company the pilots are the only ones who keep taking pay cuts! Everyone else gets raises and complains that it is only 1 to 3 %!

When someone in management screws up usually nobody dies! Except here!
I am not sure I follow you here, are you saying with very little training you could be the ceo or cfo of one of these major corporations? I am not saying airline management does a great job but I find it hard to believe that as pilot you are qualified to be top management at one of these companies. You also mentioned continued pay cuts, what airline do you work for that you keep taking pay cuts?