Gets Weekends Off
newKnow
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Feb 2007
  • Position
    765-A
Quote: S i was sitting in arpt a few days ago waiting to commute to work and a FNWA guy and i were talking. He said that us (Delta) should be happy with the outcome of the SLI. Now, while I'm not terribly upset and most DAL guys are not too twisted about its outcome, why should in his eyes I be "Happy". I'm not the one who got a large raise (Years of longevity credited for furlough). Brought up to DAL contract standards, (to the point of requiring hiring possibly), and got to keep the pension? All this while getting to bid into our hubs where people want to live while I get to add choices like DTW and MEM.
Like I said I dont think I got it too bad but, is their end of the deal really sooo bad he felt the need to tell me I made out "like a bandit"?

My next question: What did the average DAL pilot actually get from this? a 5% raise and a contract extension and an average loss of 2% in system seniority is all i see. I hope he was an exception not the rule as to the feelings over there
Enlighten me por favor

Instead of posting that on here, why didn't you just ask him?

IMO, everyone got screwed.

South guys got screwed by relative seniority and they will probably have a lot of pain during the first few AE's that come out, post SOC.

North guys got screwed by DOH and they will probably have a lot of pain 5-10 years from now when the old NWA retirements kick in.

South guys don't ike their NWA neighbors on the new seniority list becuase of the airplanes they fly.

North guys don't like their DAL neighbors on the new seniority list because of the year they were hired.

The arbitrators did a good job, both sides are unhappy. It's over and you should have told him that.

New K Now