View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 08:39 AM
MD11Fr8Dog
...Whatever It Is!

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by RedeyeAV8r View Post
i. The Anchor Zone shall be established based on the layover immediately preceding the first operation in the critical period and shall apply going forward only. If the first duty period in a trip or series of trips involves operation in the critical period, then the anchor zone is established based on the layover following such first operation in the critical period.

Another concern. I have yet to find where there is a "critical period" in an International trip. In our current contract INTL has no critical period. So unless I am mistaken, this won't apply to an INTL pairing which is where the circadian disruptions are the worst!!
Seems an Anchor Zone only applies when a trip, or series of trips, operates in the critical period: "An anchor zone is required if a pilot’s planned trip, or series of trips involves operation in the critical period."

And doesn't kick in until a trip operates in a critical duty period: "The Anchor Zone shall be established based on the layover immediately preceding the first operation in the critical period and shall apply going forward only."