Thread: Happy Earth Day
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 05:01 AM
johnnysnow
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2009
Position: BEECH 1900 PIC

I saw a Global Warming segment on CNN many years back. I've been looking for a clip of it online to post for a couple years now, but have been unable to locate it. I'm sure it's collecting dust in storage, or by now destroyed. I will attempt to paraphrase:

Setup: News Anchor is interviewing one of the most renowned (her words) climatologists on the planet via satellite. Apparently the producer failed to do some homework on this guy because what happened next was hilarious.

Anchor: "So in fact the planet is warming up you say?"

Climatologist: "Yes"

Anchor: "And it's your belief that this can be attributed to the emission of green house gases?"

Climatologist: "Absolutely not, on the contrary, these have very little to do with the normal cyclical temperature changes of the planet."

Anchor: (with the distinct look of panic on her face, long pause as cameras focused on her. Finally, you see her listening to something in her ear piece and...) "Isn't it true that your research is funded by the oil industry?"

I swear this is what she said, couldn't make this stuff up.

Climatologist: "No, most of my research money comes from the federal government through grants, like most research scientists...."

Anchor: "Thanks for being with us today."

Satellite feed goes dead before he can say anymore and CNN goes to commercial.

I sat there going "What just happened?" "Did they just cut that guy off?"

Couldn't believe my eyes. Haven't watched CNN since.

Last edited by johnnysnow; 04-23-2009 at 05:02 AM. Reason: typo