View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 04:02 PM
MEMpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007

Originally Posted by inky13 View Post
I have a student now that has a habit of having both hands on the yoke. This makes the flare difficult when she goes about bringing power to idle. Each time I catch her right hand on the yoke, I say something, but I would like for it to not continue to move to the yoke. She has it trimmed and all too. Before I've just pulled out the throttle each time I caught my student's right hand on the yoke, but for this one, it's not clicking.
I have a similar student that wishes to fly with two hands. Great pilot, so its a minor problem, but as soon as I see his hand leave the throttle I correct him immediately, and for the most part, it works.

On the final approach, I also make him fly it with the hand ready on the throttle. Perhaps a good demonstration for why its a good idea is to practice a go-around procedure with her to illustrate why you need that power as soon as possible in a bad approach.

I like this discussion, a CFI forum for specific topics to discuss, learning techniques would be fun to continue on APC given all I learn from people on here.