View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 02:44 PM
KSCessnaDriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: the right side

Originally Posted by HectorD View Post
Listen guys, I am not trying to get on anyones bad side. I am just giving my opinion on why flight schools should not change the time tested and certified fleets for Light Sport aircraft from companies, that could in all honesty, go out of business at any moment. It is just my opinion.
Have you done any research on the LSA industry? Honestly, you've got Flight Design with their CTSW/CTLS line, as probably the biggest manufacture. After that, I'd say Remos is way up there on one of the most stable LSA manufactures there are.

I guess I'm not sure why you have an axe to grind against LSA's. If you don't like them great. I'd bet you've never flown one, let alone the Remos GX. Go get an hour or two, and come back and tell me what you think about it. Unlike a Cessna, a Remos actually requires you to use those pedals, which do something. LSA's will help bring back some stick and rudder skills.

Originally Posted by BrandedPilot View Post
LSA's have a huge roadblock to incude resistance of CFI's and DPE's to earn the additional ratings for the low productivity and percieved lowered saftey of LSA flying. A local DPE told me there was "no way" he would ever sign off or pursue LSA. I have to support him.
Why would a CFI and DPE need to get additional ratings to teach/examine in an LSA? Sure, if an examiner wants to do Light Sport checkride's, they need a different authorization, but otherwise, a normal CFI can teach Light Sport candidates. Plus, a DPE could do a PPL ride in a Remos with nothing other than would be required in a C172 or PA28.

Seems to me everyone has an axe to grind against LSA's.

Last edited by KSCessnaDriver; 04-27-2009 at 02:57 PM.