View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 05:12 AM
Tweet46
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: Desert Poolie

Hey Jet,

This would be a very nice retirement gig if it were not in Puebhole. Hiring has slowed to a trickle mostly because we have reached max capacity with both students and IP's. There are still a IP's few trickling in though. Turnover is very low at the moment becuase there are very few jobs to move on too. If things turn around I believe a lot of us ex AF furloghee/pool types will move back to the big planes.

IFS defintely has a UPT feel to it...for both the studs and IP's. (both good and bad). It is always fun to fly with the young energetic/motivated studs but there is very little variety to the flying...ie. no form/inst/ etc. Can get old in a hurry.

Stay in touch with Daygo...(he is moving on this Summer though), If you want more specifics PM me...

To the OP...concur with the others... all FAA rated folks still have to come through IFS...in fact, I had one student who had her ATP and more flying time then when I retired from the AF. She came in with attitude that she had no experience and easily adapted to the military way. Then again I have seen some struggle mostly because of a "know it all" attitude.

Cheers,
Tweet