View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 04:52 AM
SkyHigh
Self Employed.

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Corporate Pilot
Default Training

Originally Posted by nw320driver
SkyHigh you should be in management The only thing that is stopping NWA from doing just that, is the scope limits of the current CBAs. Also, it would cost a lot to train and have pilots waiting in the wings. But they could hire a placement company to wet lease crews who are current and qualified. Again, I think only cost is holding them back. If there is a way, they will try to find it. My mom was right, I should of went to Law School. Then I could be getting rich off all airline brankruptcys......
In bankruptcy can NWA management do away with the scope clause? I always wonder about how much it would cost to train a new pilot. I mean if an entire type rating costs $6500 it would make sense that an SIC type would be a bit less. Most of the costs seem to be in paying the salaries and benefits during training. If one were to do away with pay during training like Skywest I think it would be possible to train hundreds of pilots fairly easily for little cost and work them only a few hours a month to keep them current. That way you could build an army of replacements ready to jump in. I know that many of you would like to jump on me, but I think we need to think like our foes in order to beat them. The mechanics at NWA didn't think that management could pull it off yet here we are.

It could be like the reserves in the military. "One weekend a month and two weeks a year. Join the Sun Country reserves" We might even be able to sell this pirate force of pilots to other companies facing a strike. I think it would be all to easy to dig up hundreds of guys with time in type who just want to have occasional access to a plane and would consider a full time gig if one came up. If I am thinking of it I am sure that others are as well, or something like it.

SkyHigh

Last edited by SkyHigh; 11-03-2005 at 04:58 AM.