View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 07:53 AM
Bitme
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: A300 Captain
Thumbs up Changed my mind

Originally Posted by dckozak View Post
For those who like the "big numbers" Deal cost-ed out in 06 dollars worth 850 million in improvements over length of contract. Possibly closer to 1 billion depending how you cost some improvements.
First of all the deal costed out in 04-05 numbers so theoretically would be more tomorrow. Minor detail. Also a number of the "hidden" gems were not quantifiable so not included.

Health care max payout raised from 2 million to 3, not 1 million to three. Still huge.

On another thread I said I was underwhelmed with this ta after reading it the night it came out. After yesterdays Hilton presentation and talking with the NC, but more importantly reading it again and again I have changed my mind and will vote for this TA.

Is is everything we want? No, however there are some huge wins in this agreement. Hubturners got the least however they will reap the rewards when they upgrade.

When BC says they were on final approach and broke out at 200 feet and saw the runway and decided it was time to land then I trust him. They pulled the trigger at an opportune time.

The MEC goal was to achieve the best TA they could without going to war if it was avoidable and I believe the stars aligned to do this. The bottom line is, do you really think if we vote this down and the mediator does not reconvene until early next year that this group will reap more than 800m to 1b in improvements? I don't think so and in the mean time the clock is still ticking. I highly encourage each of you to keep rereading this thing and attend a road show. If unable a roadshow then call your rep and have him explain what you don't understand.

The most important thing of this agreement is the amenable date. Oct of 10, just before peak. If the morons can get the big picture in their skull that the amenable date is the day to get serious this won't drag out so long.