View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 04:40 AM
gatorbird
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by dudeskibro View Post
I hate to make a dumb post like this:
I talked to an ACY flight attendant last week who heard a rumor that we "could" be getting 5 A320s from Spanair in July and another 5 in August...I know you're probably rolling your eyes as you read this...BUT, I'm just posting to see if anyone else has heard that specific rumor?
Per PO 2 days ago: company has 7 slots for airplanes in 2011, trying to get 3 moved up to next year. The question of cash for these planes was brought up, and he answered that the money required would be in the bank. PO continues to contend that this place is making money.

I was a little shocked to hear such a low number (both for 2011 and the move-ups); I guess I had it in my little pipe-dream head that we'd stick with the "get 'em quickly when we get 'em" plan. So that means that, if all goes as planned, we'll be up to...the size fleet we were when I was hired 2.5 years ago.

Sorry to pee on everyone's Cheerios, but I'm calling it as I heard it. Now, everyone can can come up with all kinds of conspiracies about how the Airbus website says this, BBB says that...but them's the facts, IMHO. PO has the least to gain from leading us on with shiny-new jets over our heads (he's one of us, remember?).

If you're an FO here, you better take this into account with your vote. Under our current contract, you'll most likely never hit an hourly rate in the right seat here that will eclipse your old RJ captain rate, seniority considered. Like it or not, the 5-7 year FO at Spirit is here to stay. Get what you're worth.

gator